onsdag, mars 23, 2011

Singoalla by Victor Rydberg


Another great work of art I read while in IB. Published 1857. Rydberg describes a medieval world, at least it is exacly the way I always imagine the medieavl world to look like, full of castles, munks and kings. Well, thats the fairytale medieval world I like to imagine anyway.
Singoalla is a gypsie girl who falls in love with the fair prince, which of course leads the novel to be a very sad love story. Its full of darkness and sorrow, unjustice and prejudices. Its not an easy novel to read because its quite dark in itself, the story and the events that occur. It gives a clear understanding that the church, the munks and christianity represent the bright side, the goodness and the unfaithful, the gypsies etc are the darkness.
I always recommed this book to people who like to read this genre because its truly one of my favourites and Ive read it a couple of times now.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar